Saturday, January 9, 2010

Petro Canada Selects the Winning Correspondents!!!

by Lisa Ovens

Well hello again everyone! I've been off for a few days working on another project, so it's time to get back to business. First up: The Petro Canada Family Correspondents Contest....



Petro Canada's always popular fund raising glasses

Congratulations to the winning duos...the Radoslav's and the Brown Families. Their videos were selected by  the judges who I am sure had their work cut out for them. But here's a new development...Petro Canada added a third prize so another family team will be in on the action: the Van Deckers won, too!!

Kudos to Petro Canada for creating such a unique opportunity: reporting from the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver!. The three teams of families, or what I like to call "The Petro Kins" will fly to Vancouver, and while they enjoy a three night hotel package (includes tickets to three Olympic events, luxury motor coach transportation, dining in fine restaurants, and access to the Co Sport Hospitality Suite) they will also be meeting with Canadian Winter Olympic athletes and their families for interviews that will ultimately wind up on a special Youtube Channel for all to see. Plus they will keep us informed via blogging and twitter. Petro Canada is also giving each team an honorarium to the tune of $2010.00!

My Uncle Steve and I had entered the contest, too, and although we didn't win we had fun "dreaming big", and participating with families from all over Canada. I messaged my facebook friend, Denis Van Decker to congratulate, and suggest we all somehow meet up in Vancouver for a photo op so I can place it here on the 2010 and High Heels blog. I realize the Petro Kin will be on a super busy schedule, but hopefully I can catch them on their way in for the refreshments at the hotel Hospitality Suite!

Best wishes to the Winners and have a safe, happy Journey to Vancouver!

Petro Canada's I Will Dream Big Website





Finnish Reindeer Hat Mission Now Underway....

I saw my friend Michelle off at the YVR Airport this evening. She's on her way to Finland for a Hockey trip of a Lifetime. Readers may recall the reindeer hats pictured above that we saw during the Canada Hockey Cup back in August. We found out the hats were purchased at a marketplace in Helsinki. Michelle will be on the look out for the hats, and if her mission is succesful, I'll be sporting one of these adorable hats on an Olympic day when Team Canada is NOT playing!!

No comments: