Saturday, February 5, 2011

One Year Later: Looking inside the 2010 Winter Olympics Box of Stuff


photo: Quatchi in Goal by Lisa Ovens
                                                   

by Lisa Ovens

I'm sure most everyone in Vancouver has a box on a shelf, full of stuff they accumulated during the 2010 Winter Olympic Games last February. I know I do. The box is in the photo above, acting as a backdrop to one item of stuff: my "Quatchi in Goal" Olympic toy from MacDonald's. Yes, something that I just couldn't live without! But, that was the fever that plenty of locals caught, as we made our way around the city either buying stuff, or opening up our hands to receive the stuff that was being given away. I remember visiting with my cousin, Jen during the Olympics, and she had this tiny coin purse in the shape of Sumi, the Paralympic Games mascot.

Jen: Look what I got...isn't it cute?

less than a week later she would say...

Jen: I don't know why I bought this. What am I going to do with this?

Today it's one week before the one year anniversary and I've opened up my Olympic box of stuff. I'm taking a trip down memory lane. Re-visiting my life, the times and the stuff from those fun filled two weeks in February 2010.

more photos to come...

No comments: